Pergolas, no matter the style, produce a certain “feel”…easy, breezy, open and airy with a partial reprieve from the sun. Be traditional or contemporary in style, homeowners love them in their outdoor living spaces and gardens because they provide shaded areas for walking, sitting, cooking, dining and relaxing. Archadeck of Ft. Wayne is the leading designer and builder of custom outdoor living spaces in Ft. Wayne and the surrounding areas. And, as such, our extensive experience in building pergolas makes us the right Fort Wayne Pergola Builder for your next project.
We’ve helped hundreds of northeastern Indiana homeowners create the outdoor living environments of their dreams. Many of these have included pergolas, with approximately 80% using a pergola as part of an outdoor living combination space and the other 20% as a stand-alone structure. In the combination spaces, they can be combined with a deck, placed over a patio, positioned as an extension of a covered porch for an outdoor kitchen or even as the cover of a walkway. The stand-alone pergola installations are typically in gardens and are used for aesthetics and shade. If you’ve ever wondered what a pergola could offer you, your family, your home, or your yard, please allow us to share some of the benefits of the glorious pergola.
Shade – Although they look somewhat unfinished to the untrained eye, pergolas do provide shade. The size of the beams and their spacing will determine exactly how much shade is provided, though a pergola on its own can never create a fully-shaded space. If you would like the space to be fully shaded, just add a fabric cover to the beams.
This pergola on Winona Lake built by Archadeck of Fort Wayne provides tons of shade for the homeowners.
Space definition – Typically, the ground under the pergola is topped with some sort of flooring, whether that’s brick flooring, concrete pavers, or even a deck. When you combine the flooring with the pergola’s pillars and beams, you help define your outdoor living space. Plus, because pergolas are open and airy, you can accomplish this without making the space feel smaller or more confined.
This pergola on Lagrange Lake also built by Archadeck of Fort Wayne adds character and interest to the patio and rear of home.
Beauty – Pergolas have a unique beauty that surpasses that of most standard outdoor structures. They have a very sculptural and architectural design, and they can help create visual interest in an otherwise basic backyard.
Foliage support – Not only are pergolas beautiful on their own, but also provide excellent support to other lovely landscaping features like climbing flowers, vines, and ivy. Plant these flowers and vines in the right place, and they’ll weave their way up the pergola’s supports and through the roof-like beams. Consider plants like wisteria, clematis, or even grape vines! You can also hang planters from the beams.
Beautiful bell-shaped pergola in Fort Wayne, IN.
All of these wonderful benefits of a pergola can be achieved no matter which architectural style you choose, classic or modern, or from which building material it is constructed: low maintenance vinyl, pressure treated wood, cedar or low maintenance fiberglass. When considering a pergola as part of your outdoor living space, take the time to create a space that matches your lifestyle and it will not only add value to your Ft. Wayne home but to your life as well.
Baron Biedenweg – Archadeck of Fort Wayne and NE Indiana
We have only scraped the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the benefits that your home and property will receive with the addition of a pergola. There are plenty of others that we are sure you will discover when you have your very own Ft. Wayne pergola and are using it on a regular basis. Unlike a gazebo, a pergola offers an easy to customize structure that does not completely block out the sun, but instead offers enough shade to make being outdoors pleasant. If you are ready to transform your backyard into an area that offers respite from the sun, then consider all of the benefits that pergolas offer. Contact Archadeck of Fort Wayne to learn more about increasing the function, beauty and enjoyment of your outdoors today at (260) 969 – 8663 or via email at email@example.com.